1. kala azar is black fever in Hindi language.
2. Visceral leishmaniasis, is the name of the disease when the protozoan parasites have migrated to organs.
3. the vector of the disease is sandfly. Vector is the ''pembawa'' of the protozoa.
4. Males are more commonly infected than females, most likely because of their increased exposure to sandflies.
5. boleh mati!, if left untreated.
6. the name of this organism is Leishmania donovani, named after a Scottish doctor, William Leishman and an Irish physician, Charles Donovan, who made research on it simultaneously and independently.
7. Indeed, the Scottishs have itqan in pursuing knowledge. How about the Muslims?