Musim panas ialah apabila pakaian kebanyakan wanita di sini menjolok mata. Ingin saya kongsikan sebuah khutbah jumaat oleh brother Shujahat (sebut: sujjat) pada 9 May 2008,pada jam 117 tengahari di Portland Prayer Room, University of Nottingham.
1. In summer, we feel happy and lively, because the sun is so bright and shiny. However, this is also the time when disobedience increase.
2. It all starts from the eye. Therefore, todays topic will be ‘’controlling the eye’’
3. Allah swt said in Surah 24 (An-Nur), ayat 30; ‘’Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.’’
4. Ibn Qaiyyim stated 3 benefits of controlling ones eyes;
5. FIRSTLY, if we leave something for the sake of Allah, Allah gives us something much better
- If we look at something, we love it, and then we become dependent on it. This will effects our life, family, study. That habit will become a craze passion.
- If the person continue looking at it, love of Allah and sweetness of iman leaves his heart
6. SECONDLY, we will acquire wisdom.
- What is wisdom, wisdom is when we understand what others can’t perceive
- We as muslim must have taqwa, and part of it is lowering gaze, which means we control our eyes.
- We look here how beautiful is the link between taqwa and eyes.
7. THIRDLY, we will have good character, which is the control of desire.
- Syaithan will flee away as the fail to divert us
- To obtain power and nobility, follows Allah’s order
- Al-fathir, ayat 10: If any do seek for glory and power--to Allah belong all glory and power. To Him mount up (all) Words of Purity: it is He Who exalts each Deed of Righteousness. Those that lay Plots of Evil--for them is a Penalty terrible; and the plotting of such will be void (of result).
8. When we control our eyes, other parts of the body is in some level of control.
9. Action of the private part starts with the eyes
10. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,
"Whosoever gives me a guarantee to safeguard what is between his jaws and what is between his legs, I shall guarantee him Jannah.''[Al-Bukhari].
11. Let alone do it, we shall never draws ourselves near to it.
12. Fight our nafs, and this is not an easy battle as it is a constant battle.
13. If we are sincere and ikhlas, we can avoid it, and the way forward is to follow the sunnah of Rasulullah.